I've read several times that in children, up to age ten or twelve, regeneration of the upper joint of the finger, if severed, is routine, even without special treatment.

IAW, all humans, up to a certain age, retain some bit of the regenerative processes common in "lower" animals. What causes loss of this partial ability in adolescence I don't know. I do know the thymus reportedly starts its long, slow deterioration rather early in life. Connection? Don't know.

JBB

JBB