Good Morning Richard,

>>At 12:47 PM 3/24/2006, you wrote:

Any alternative to Gatorade as it does not exist in Europe ?

I am sure many products exist that are alternatives to the original purpose of Gatorade. That is, if you include mail order. Likely you mean "off the shelve in stores".

What is in it that spikes the cs to perform better

This subject was covered in detail a few months back. ( And in previous years back to 2000 ) I could check the archives and paste all the comments into files or build a web page from these comments.

I have been working on a college campus for the last two weeks and see a number of students drinking Gatorade. It has not been hot weather and most were not athletes.

They must be drinking it because they believe it is good for them or they like the taste.
Possibly they think it better for health than soft drinks.

One product that appears to be one of the best for the original purpose of Gatorade is
Electromix by Alacer.  It is reasonably priced and convenient.
http://www.alacer.com/

Electromix Analysis and contents
http://www.alacer.com/cgi-bin/dbsearch.exe?mdb=/products.mdb,tbl=products,DB_code=108,DBCOMP=ABS,template=/products/returntitle.htm

If this long link does not work, you will see this option from the main page, http://www.alacer.com They make many other fine products including Emergen'C, Supergram II and Supergram III

In previous threads, I think it was stated that this products contains minerals that are not compatible for use with CS as is Gatorade.

Just checked my archives. Back thru 2003, 2004 and up to the present, there are close to 1000 ( or more ) messages with the word Gatorade. When I include Gatorade and CS, the number is reduced slightly.

I could include 4 more phrases to limit it further. ( 6 strings is all I can use to search )

Nevertheless, it was be an enormous task to even read all these, much less manage them in some other way.

By use of who they are from, I could reduce the number to maybe 100 to 300, .......... possible.
I could input 6 names and get most of the better messages I feel sure.

I delete very few messages unless they are "nothing" type messages that say thanks, or contain zero information.

From the main page or Alacer, take a look at new products, Heart Health looks interesting.
http://www.alacer.com/cgi-bin/dbsearch.exe?mdb=/products.mdb,tbl=products,DB_code=116,DBCOMP=ABS,template=/products/returntitle.htm

You may have to paste the long links, or just go to the main Alacer page. It is very easy to navigate.

I don't own any stock in Alacer, but would not hesitate to do so.

Wayne