> Would appreciate comments on "the highest purity of silver commercially
> attainable: 99.95%" ?
>
> There must be a mistake, since we can buy 99.99% Canadian maple leaf
> silver dollar...

I don't know what they mean by "commercially attainable?" We can get
silver from scientific materials supply companies like Alpha/Aeser or
Aldrich that go up to 5 or 6 nines, easily. It's not cheap, but silver
is evidently not that hard to refine. Stuff like that is used in all
kinds of scientific applications where ultra-purity is needed.

Fortunately, even 3 nines (99.9%) purity is adequate for making CS in
the 10 ppm range, as any impurities from the anode metal ought to be
less than 10 parts per BILLION. Which means that impurities in your
water ought to be more significant.

Four nines is available and not much more expensive than 3 nines, if
you feel you need the peace of mind.

Be well,

Mike D.