Officially, yes you should wear protective glasses at all times when working
with a laser (wink wink).

-- "Medwith, Robert" <robert.j.medw...@us.army.mil> wrote:
To all       Do we need the protective glasses, they cost twice ($90) what the
laser costs.I know enough not to look into laser.Bob
 Hi Shelli,
Just ask for a power supply ($10) with the 10mw 635nm laser and a line
generating lens. The power supply comes with alligator clips which attach to
the laser diode wires. Not pretty, but it works.
Steve

-- "Shelli" <me...@insightbb.com> wrote:

Steve, I've been reading the posts about laser theray and infrared and am
interested in getting a laser. I work for a physcial therapist who uses laser
therapy and is very impressed with the results on things like carpal tunnel
symptoms and in regaining feeling in the feet for diabetes sufferers. I was
looking at the site you posted and am wondering if the power supply is listed
separately somewhere? I see laser units listed with power supplies but they are
in the hundreds or thousands of dollars. I'm hoping that's not what you were
talking about.Thanks.Shelli ----- Original Message ----- From:
scl...@netzero.net To: silver-list@eskimo.com Sent: Sunday, April 23, 2006 2:24
PMSubject: Re: CS>sciatic nerve pain -2 (low level laser therapy)
    I have been getting significant relief from back and heel pain using LLLT
(low level laser therapy) with a 635nm 10mw laser diode. These used to be very
expensive but are now manufactured in China so you can get them with a power
supply for about $40. I also use a line generating lens on the laser so I can
cover larger areas at once. My brother is a chiropractor and gets consistently
good results using a 635 10mw line generating laser on sciatica and heel
problems as well as almost every type of musculoskeletal problem you can think
of.  There is a certain manufacturer who sells a unit with this wavelength of
line generating laser for about $10,000. It has programmable frequencies and a
battery pack which all adds to the expense. LEDs can work well too for surface
issues but take a bit longer in my opinion and don't penetrate as well. The
coherent collimated light from the laser penetrates deep into the tissue and
speeds up recovery on many levels. I believe LLLT is an awesome healing tool.
Be careful with your eyes if you decide to get one. You can get them here:
http://mfgcn.com/_wsn/page2.html make sure to ask for a power supply (3V AC/DC
500ma) and a line generating lens. Here is a library full of info on laser
therapy/clinical results for many ailments
http://www.laser-therapy.us/library.htm.
Steve