Description

The Singularity, the Quickening, the Cosmogenesis, a period of exponential
change - the New Age, the New World Order, Times of High Strangeness - it
seems that we are in the throes of a Global Paradigm Shift.

This is a time where technological and global changes are happening faster
than we can track them. The convergence of science and 'metaphysics' is
gathering towards some kind of critical mass. Information Technology and
Artificial Intelligence are on the cutting edge of Accelerating Change.

Is the human race evolving into some kind of 'biotech' hybrid? Or has Nature
outpaced us? Is the 'roar of approaching cataracts' of our own making - or
is it simply the clockwork of the Cosmos?

This group focuses on the Mayan Long Count and Terence McKenna's Time Wave
Zero, both of which culminate on Dec. 21, 2012 - but other topics are
frequently discussed **as long as they do not interrupt the normal flow of
dialogue**.

***CONSPIRACY THEORIES AND POLITICKING ARE STRONGLY DISCOURAGED***

THIS GROUP IS ABOUT SELF-DISCOVERY AND SELF-LIBERATION, not about how we are
being victimized and oppressed by 'the government' or some other 'secret'
organization. I should also add that I'm NOT a great fan of 'channelers' or
any discarnate beings urging us to "relinquish control to the "Higher Will".

But back to the question - are we heading for a Singularity? Physical evidence
points to the facts that the earth's magnetic field has weakened by 8% in the
past 150 years, the sun's coronal magnetic flux has doubled in the past
century, and the magnetic north pole has moved 1,000 km in the past 100 years.
The last sunspot cycle ended with two of the biggest flares in history, and the
second highest sunspot count on record. The next solar max will be in 2012, the
year of the Global Shift, the extinction of Time Wave Zero, the end of the
Mayan Long Count. Where will you be in 2012?