In a message dated 5/28/2006 11:37:56 P.M. Central Standard Time,
new...@aapt.net.au writes:

Brilliant, Jason, thanks for sharing that.  It's reassuring.   Interesting
about the garlic necklace; modern man is really quite  contemptuous and
dismissive of things the older generations used to  do.  They didn't do it
because of double blind tests, they did it  because someone experimented with
what was to hand, found something that  worked and shared the info with
others. Really rather like you  today.

Rowena

I too thought it a great post.  It's the first positive note we've had  on
this illness.
However, I could see taking the garlic internally but don't understand  the
reason for
wearing it.  Guess I watched too many vampire movies as a child.   It does
seem
like I've read where people who survived the Black Plague centuries ago ate
and
wore  garlic. Guess I  need to do more reading on  garlic.

Thanks again Jason
Edith