Hi DaddyBob.
I will try and answer those question for you.
Make yourself some electrodes from 12 gauge or better yet 10 gauge, 10 gauge
will fit better in the silverpup sockets otherwise you need to mash the
copper down a bit to hold in the sockets.. You can make them straight or
u-turned, copper  is totally different in the way it produces CC than
silver. The auto off wont work with CC the same as CS so you wiill need to
eyeball it. I have made CC before with Ode"s unit with the  light bulb
style. If memory serves me right on pint takes 4-5 hours. Check the tendall
effect as you go, Its making something and all you got is copper and
distilled water. Im not Ode but hes my mentor as many on this list are.
Anything that you can add Ode?

Sam