"Gertrude" <dj...@home.nl> wrote:

  > Debbie I  NEVER am using SALT for the CS and the colour  is always
  > yellow. (after 1 hour)

  >  Trudy

  Hi Trudy,

  Please forgive me for jumping in here - the yellow color is not bad.
  It just means your cs is a bit weaker than it could be.

  There is  a peak in the silver concentration just  before  it starts
  making lots  of  sludge  on  the  cathode,  or  silver  hydroxide by
  combining the silver ions with hydroxyl ions from the cathode.

  Try stopping  the  brew a bit sooner. That  should  help  reduce the
  yellow color, and also increase the strength of the brew.

Best Wishes,

Mike M