sol <sol...@sweetwaterhsa.com> wrote:

  > Hmm, maybe not unless it is really bad DW. LOL.

  > I need  my DW to be below .4 uS if single distilled,  and  no more
  > than .4 uS if double distilled. Not everyone needs this good of DW
  > to make clear CS. But obviously a TDS would not be the  right tool
  > for me.

  > sol

  sol,

  My dw  runs about 1.2uS. I was shocked that it reads that  high, but
  it is  the  only dw that comes in the kind  of  PET  containers that
  don't leach  chemicals  into the cs. I believe  the  plasticizers in
  HDPE not  only give the cs a bad taste, but they also mess  with the
  electrolysis process   and   generate   other   products.  These may
  contribute to  the  large drop in uS I saw before  changing  over to
  PET.

  Here is a short list of readings I have been getting  recently. Note
  the 10%  drop  in  the  first 24  hrs,  then  absolutely  rock solid
  readings since then. (The readings are in reverse date order.)

    Sat Jul 08, 2006, 09:33:49 am 16.4uS
    Fri Jul 07, 2006, 12:06:34 pm 16.5uS
    Thu Jul 06, 2006, 08:02:36 am 16.4uS
    Wed Jul 05, 2006, 10:44:58 am 16.4uS
    Tue Jul 04, 2006, 08:30:18 am 16.4uS
    Mon Jul 03, 2006, 09:58:59 am 16.4uS
    Sat Jul 01, 2006, 03:49:21 am 16.4uS
    Sun Jun 25, 2006,  8:42:55 pm 16.5uS
    Sat Jun 24, 2006,  5:15:19 pm 16.4uS
    Fri Jun 23, 2006, 09:04:19 am 16.3uS
    Wed Jun 21, 2006,  3:28:20 pm 16.4uS
    Tue Jun 20, 2006,  3:01:27 pm 17.5uS
    Tue Jun 20, 2006, 02:21:49 am 18.4uS New batch

  This tells me a lot about the cs process, and that it is possible to
  make stable cs. Horay!

  This was the first run on a brand new cs generator, so don't let the
  low uS  readings  bother you. I melted my previous one  in  a stupid
  experiment, and  haven't  been able to find a  replacement  jar. The
  readings will  go higher, up to about 22uS or so, when  I  have more
  time to  play  with  the electrodes. I can go  beyond  this,  but it
  wastes a  lot  of silver. I have a new way of  making  cs  that will
  solve that problem.

  Regarding your  clear cs, I have developed a new  way  of monitoring
  the process to find the peak concentration of the brew. To  do this,
  I measure  all  the cell parameters  and  calculate  the conductance
  curve.

  The curve goes through different phases depending on where  the ions
  are in solution at the moment. But you can see everything, including
  the start  of  AgOH production in the Nernst  Diffusion  layer. This
  also corresponds with increasing Tyndall.

  Soon after  this point, the conductance reaches a peak,  then starts
  falling as  more ions reach the Nernst layer and start  combining to
  form AgOH.  If  you continue the brew past  this  point,  the silver
  hydroxide will agglomerate and start turning the solution yellow.

  I plan  to spend some time and document this on my web  site  so you
  can see  the curves. Right now, I am working on my  machine  to kill
  spores.

All the Best,

Mike M.