From: Dan Nave [mailto:dan.n...@nilfisk-advance.com]
Sent: Friday, September 01, 2006 10:18 AM
To: silver-list@eskimo.com
Subject: RE: CS>Travel Kit Emergency

Wayne,

I looked up how Richard Schulze makes his tinctures.  His
rule of thumb
is that after the herb and the alcohol are blended together
(in a
blender) you let the solids, the herbs, settle.  The alcohol
should be
showing above the level of the herbs, but only about half as
much as the
height of the herbs.  That is, the alcohol above the level
of the herbs
should be 25% to 50% compared to the level of the settled
herbs.  This
gives one strong tincture that will work...

Dan