Dear Geo,
I made the original post. We use the granulated form of alfalfa for all of our dogs (in our Orphaned Dog Program). You can purchase granulated (almost powdered) alfalfa from any well-stocked feed store. A forty pound sack should not cost over about $15.00....enough to feed 200 large dogs for two years. A dog the size of the one to which you refer should do quite well on one teaspoon daily. Just sprinkle it on his food (if you feed only dry food, add just enough water to cause the alfalfa granules to adhere to the foodstuff) and mix well. We have never had a single dog refuse to consume alfalfa offered in this manner. Our dietary program is not one of the usual types. We employ a variation of Langsley Russell's raw meat (ground chuck and whole chicken quarters) and bones system, with the addition of 1/2 to 1 cup (depending on dog size) of RAW UNPROCESSED cow's milk. We do add various vegetables twice weekly, together with cooked oatmeal served three times w! eekly. We do give the older dogs (over 12 years) vitamin supplementation in powdered form. At present we have 17 dogs of various ages. They are NEVER sick with any of the conventional afflictions so dearly loved by the veterinary profession. We do give brewers yeast as a daily supplement....to everyone. True, the daily cost per dog is somewhat greater than a canned ration (dead food), supplemented with a dry kibble type crumbles; but the OVERALL cost per dog is demonstrably less on a total care, yearly basis (no vet bills). We DO feed every dog 1 teaspoon of granulated kelp daily. No additional minerals of any type are fed.
My apologies for this lengthy diatribe....even though it does expose my misanthropic tendencies when stacking the human race up against the world's canine representatives.
Sincerely, Brooks Bradley.
p.s. Prior to instigating this feeding program our average yearly vet bills were, always, in excess of $3500.

-- The Silver List is a moderated forum for discussing Colloidal Silver. Instructions for unsubscribing are posted at: http://silverlist.org To post, address your message to: silver-list@eskimo.com Address Off-Topic messages to: silver-off-topic-l...@eskimo.com The Silver List and Off Topic List archives are currently down... List maintainer: Mike Devour