Dan Nave wrote:

>  I expect that as the ppm levels increase the losses also increase.  Do
> you have any idea if the efficiency of the process is linear or
> non-linear?  My feelings are that it is non-linear.  Many people here
> seem to feel that 20 ppm is approaching the maximum concentration level
> achievable with this process, at least without wasting large amounts of
> silver.
>
> Also, if you are producing any colloids or compounds which are not
> acting as ions which would be measurable with the conduction type
> testers, you  would not measure them unless you are using an appropriate
> measurement technique.
>
> Do you end up with any residues?

I do get some precipitate at the bottom over time.  I think that the
production is probably near 100% when the ppm is low, and drops to about 35%
at 20 ppm. Since this is a flow through system, instead of a batch system,
it is always at the 20 ppm level. I would guess that the efficiency follow a
curve something like this:

% efficiency = (30 - ppm)/30*100%

That would give 100% efficiency at 0 ppm, 0% at 30 ppm and about 33% at 20
ppm.  If my math is correct, integrating this equation from 0 ppm to 20 ppm
for a batch process gives about 55% efficiency.  Does that sound about
right?

Marshall