To: <silver-list@eskimo.com>
Sent: Thursday, September 21, 2006 2:18 PM
Subject: CS>Raw Honey - medical miracle

Was wondering if anyone has had any experience with Manuka honey for
healing wounds?

Hi Leigh,

Don't waste your money on the Manuka...

Honey is a near miraculous treatment for many, many different things, especially burns (even really bad ones) and scars (even really big/old ones), but there is one caveat: it must be truly raw.

Second most important thing is, if you can get it, get local honey from a local bee-keeper. But truly raw is the most important things.

The problem is, honey providers can heat honey to as high as 160 degrees and still *legally* label it as 'raw'. Very few honey providers who sell 'raw' honey actually sell truly RAW honey. If it is fluid at room temp, then, unless it is Tupelo or - forget the other kind - then it has been heated, rest assured.

The best *commercial* brands of truly raw honey, that I know of, are 'ReallyRaw', and YS Organics' Personally I love YS Organics, and it is available at Harry's/Whole Foods.

Charles