In India, Muslim men who had made the Hadj pilgrimage to Mecca dyed their
beards red with henna and
were referred to as "Hadji."

Dan

*From:* Rowena[SMTP:new...@aapt.net.au]
*Sent:* Saturday, October 14, 2006 11:20:08 AM
*To:* silver-list@eskimo.com
*Subject:* Re: CS>Sister has cancer - Hair Dyes

When I was in Brazil and a few other South American countries you could tell
which people used the henna, when in the sun the hair looked purple.

Purple, eh?  Why not, I've seen orange and red and green done on purpose.
Reminds me when my mother first went from using henna (took an age, and had
to be kept hot while on the head) to the chemical ones.  Early days, early
fifties.  Her first try of the chemical ones turned her hair green.

Il faut souffrir pour etre belle!

Rowena