Terry said:

>There are safe alternative to a root canal, but they
are expensive and you must find a dentist aware of
them.<

Pat said,
>What would the safe alternatives be, please?<

See:

  http://health.consumercide.com/dentistry.html
http://www.ericdavisdental.com/root_canals.htm
http://webpages.charter.net/kyarbrough/rootcanals.htm
http://www.dentistry-toothtruth.com/faq.htm

Or, go here to find all of the above site addresses,
plus folks whom you can communicate with about
alternative resources.

http://www.usenet.com/newsgroups/sci.med.dentistry/msg08910.html

Lastly, here is an article I have in my computer:

Root canal info

On the subject of root canals, which I know many of
you already know about the politics of, see these next
websites to educate yourself.

http://www.newtimes.org/issue/9610/rootcanal.html
http://www.notdoctors.com/crci3.html
http://www.mercola.com/2001/apr/25/cavitations2.htm

A good Dentist  http://www.drmahn.com

This next site uses Morinda Citrifolia and Colloidal
Silver. Interesting.
http://www.1stultimategumsolution.com

This next one has a lot of info:
http://www.curezone.org/dental/

This is the N. America distributer for the best
alternative to normal root canal material, Endodent.
This company is:
www.biodent.com

This US company may be a resource:
http://www.naturaldentist.com/

Here are a list of US/Canada dentists who use
Endocal/Biocalex:
http://www.holisticnetworker.com/directory/Holistic-Dentistry/29-0.html

Here is a one in Toronto:
www.drltreger.com

This one is an excellent explanation of the healthy
alternative to standard (and dangerous) root canal
materials:
http://www.natdent.com/info/root.cfm

http://mail.yahoo.com