Evening Carlos

>> At 02:08 PM 11/4/2006, you wrote:

Did you buy # 12 wire, or 12 ga wire...?
(It seems like a joke, but it is not!...)

   I know it is not a joke.

   It has been so long, I don't remember if I bought 12 or 14 ?
The measurements suggest that I purchased  14.

How long does it take to use 100 feet of wire ?

Without digging out the records, I don't even remember where I bought it. It was from a large silver distributor. I asked for a discount and did in fact get a decent discount on the quantity of 100 feet.
Later I ordered another 100 feet.

I still would like to know what diameter electrode, in mm, Steve Young refers to when he says in his diagram "... # 12 0.999 pure silver wire... "...!!

The term AWG 12 and # 12 should be the same. Use the numbers I sent and you will be close if not exact. Or try to contact Steve Young.

Wayne