Mark, this is exactly what I'm doing right now.  Exactly like you said and per
the pictures I posted in the last digest.  I bought the jumper wires just like
they're shown at Radio Shack today...24" long with attached alligator clips,
part number 278-1157. package says Insulated Test Jumper Leads, qty of 8 for
$5.49!  Plugged my 3 9 volt batteries together, connected the other end of the
wires as shown, attached the silver rods to the other end, suspended in a 24 oz
mason jar (which had spaghetti sauce in it a long time ago).  I set my timer
for 1 hour and that's it.  Sometimes I let it go longer for a stronger CS,
Many people can even use the timer on their microwave ovens if they don't have
a cooking timer.  It's so easy and I thought I would have to spend big bucks!

  The last generator I had ran on 3 9volt batteries too...I have so many extra
jumper wires, I'll be setting up my sisters with their owen CS generators too
for Xmas!
  This is great!  Thanks to Faith for getting me started and got me checking
out alternatives to expensive units which I couldn't afford anyway.  This is
working beautifully!.

Cheryl