Welcome Barb! Thank you for asking.

EIS stands for Electrically Isolated Silver, a term that was originated
by a member of the group some time in the last few years in an attempt
to distinguish what we here *mean* when we talk about "CS."

The term colloidal silver is so generic at this point that it is
applied indiscriminately to almost any kind of silver preparation
regardless of how it is made or its characteristics. Everything from
chemical precipitates to suspensions of silver powder in protein gels
are often referred to by the same name, CS.

The kind of product supported by the general consensus of the members
here is made by electrolysis of silver in pure water. There are no
additives or anything to deliberately bind to the silver, thus the
"Isolated." Made this way the true particulate fraction can be
relatively minor compared to the ionic, or truly dissolved, portion,
thus the de-emphasis of "colloidal."

How do I say this... hmmm? For purposes of discussion here EIS is
pretty much interchangeable with "CS," although with a bit more
precision to its definition. Elsewhere, you might or might not find
people familiar with the term at all, yet! <grin>

Be well,

Mike D.