Here's a reply from a long time list member who's given up hope on ever seeing the list again (outside of Mike's posts, that is). But I've blamed it all on Comcast and their very *stupid* spam filters. Oddly, though, there are maybe 2 days a week when I do get the list messages. But the offtopic list has Never showed up since Comcast decided it hates Eskimo

Sharon/starshar, with fingers crossed

----- Original Message ----- From: "M. G. Devour" <mdev...@eskimo.com>
To: <silver-list@eskimo.com>
Sent: Sunday, December 10, 2006 4:52 PM
Subject: CS>List traffic report...

Okay, for those who are saying you haven't received anything from the
list, here's my report on list traffic for you to compare with:

Dec 10 ... at least 6 so far, including this

Dec 9 ... 9 posts

Dec 8 ... 14 posts

Dec 7 ... 24 posts

... and so on.

If you have not received that number (or close) but you've received
*my* postings to the list, then incoming mail is still hosed somehow.

If you have not received *anything* from the list for several days,
then you may be unsubscribed (in which case you're not seeing *this*
message either!) or else Eskimo is being blocked or diverted into your
spam filters.

As I predicted, Robert has reconfigured things to prevent a recurrance
of these problems, setting it up so that incoming mail bridges two
machines, either of which can handle the incoming volume with immediate
fallback in case of failure of one. I'm letting him know of the
complaints we're having here so he can make sure something he's done
hasn't introduced another problem.

I won't mind if you all make test posts, or reply to a test post of
somebody else, so we can be sure you're subscription is functioning
normally. If it is not, try to reach me directly at mdev...@eskimo.com
If I don't reply to you within 24 hours, even briefly, send a note via
anybody you see whose message got through to the list recently.

One way or another we'll work this stuff out. <sigh>

Be well,

Mike D.