*****See comments in text.

-----Original Message-----
From: Misc. IP Group [mailto:m...@ipgroupltd.com]
Sent: Tuesday, December 12, 2006 12:27 PM
To: silver-list@eskimo.com
Subject: CS>Many questions from a new member!

Hi

I'm new to the list and was very pleased to find this list and sad to
see that the archives are down at present, so apologies if I'm asking
questions which have been answered thousands of times before in the
archives.

I have a number of questions already so here goes:

1) What is the difference between colloidal silver and silver in the
form of silver gluconate?

*****Colloidal silver is a catch-all term.  What we advocate is
sometimes called EIS (Electrically Isolated Silver) which is made with
distilled water only with no additives or stabilizers.  (Some people add
a small amount of Hydrogen Peroxide some time after the EIS is made.)
The silver gluconate has an additive and is a silver compound.  It may
also have many times the silver concentration, but may not be more
active than the lower concentration EIS.

2) I'm looking at making a colloidal silver generator as I enjoy making
things and I'm in Greece and wher I am colloidal silver etc is unheard
of. I was looking at going constant current at 0.5mA. Any comments on
this current level? I prefer to wait longer and get better quality if
necessary. Also is it better to use bigger pieces of pure silver to have
a greater surface area? I also read that by switching the poles at
intervals, the probes become self cleaning. What kind of interval should
one use? Every 5 minutes?

*****Some people, notably Mike Monett (and Steve Young?), have advocated
using very low current systems.  These take much longer to make the
product, but they claim that the particles are smaller and there is no
necessity for stirring at these currents, and also, they could result in
a higher ppm EIS.  General consensus is that limiting current to less
than 1 or 1.5 ma per square inch of electrode (anode, the + electrode)
surface area will give a good product.  With the proper type of stirring
setup, the currents can be much higher per square inch of surface area
while producing a good product.  The larger the pieces of silver used
for electrodes, the more current you can use, the lower the starting
resistance will be so the currents will reach the controlled saturation
level quicker and the process will therefore complete quicker.   If you
are using very low current level, these things are less of an issue
since you will quickly reach the set current level.  Electrode polarity
switching has been recommended at about 1 or 1.5 minutes as far as I
know.  Don't switch too fast (like 50 Hz) or you won't produce any
product.  If you use polarity switching, you will have to use fine
silver for both electrodes.  I feel that .999 fine silver is adequate.

3) I know this is a CS list but do people know and/or discuss other
colloids eg Gold, Copper and Zinc as there appears to be a lot less
information on these. (If so what doses to people recommend of these and
can I make my own generator to create these as well and if so what
changes are needed?)

*****You cannot make CGold with low voltage.  Colloidal (ionic) Copper
apparently can be made above 40VDC, I believe.  I wouldn't recommend
ingesting it, it could be bad for you, but external use should be OK.
For Colloidal Gold you could go to CGExchange on Yahoo groups.

4) Anybody had experience of giving CS to horses. Have a horse with
sweet itch (an affliction which is not really understood but is
considered to be due to an allergic reaction or over reaction to Midge
bites) and I was considering if CS would be good (or Gold, Zinc, or
Copper If I knew more about them).

*****Try using a cloth saturated with CS/EIS externally.  If you can get
DMSO at your feed supply store, add 10 or 20% of that to the CS when
applying.  It will make it absorb into the skin.  Others on the list
have experience with horses.

Many thanks

Peter

*****Dan