My homemade no-name CS has saved lives. It's mostly ionic with
hardly any Tyndall effect; I think the distinction should be made
with regard to method rather than whether it's made at home or at
the office.

I still use the 3600 volt pulsed DC microwave oven circuit, and
I've made quite a few of the same for other people to use to make
"homemade" CS.

Duncan