Prostatis is inflammation with or without infection, and can be due to hormonal imbalance. For instance DHEA supplementation can induce it. 7-Keto DHEA does not because it is past the step where the body makes it into dehydrotestosterone (DHT), the "bad" testosterone. As men go through the male climacteric (male menopause) DHT levels can increase relative to other hormones, which have previously kept the balance.

For more information on DMSO use you may want to look at the archives of the DMSO list I moderate.

Also read the book DMSO Nature's Healer by Dr. Morton Walker. It's cheap and packed with info on DMSO's therapeutic effects on many conditions. www.jacoblab.com also has good articles. It is the site of Stanley Jacob, MD. He developed DMSO for organ transport in the 70's. It is still used today for this purpose with a mere 2.4% being effective for stem cell transport.

DMSO mixed with CS will carry the CS to all body tissues, even to bone within 20 minutes which is probably the most difficult tissue to deliver a drug to. I would go as high as his skin will tolerate. Starting at about 30% (3 parts DMSO to 7 parts CS) will allow you to figure out if his skin is sensitive. Applied to any part of the body it will reach all tissues. He can also consume it orally on an empty stomach.

I mix DMSO and CS in a variety of proportions. 10% for ears, eyes and nose. 30% for my husband and daughter who are both somewhat sensitive to more concentrated solutions, and for me to put again on my sensitive areas, face, back of neck . . . Although I use 50% to 70% on most areas with maybe just a little itching and some skin drying with repeated applications to the same area. Generally I use Emu oil to remoisturize the skin, often just after putting on the DMSO-CS. Some pretreat with Aloe Vera Gel or Emu Oil. www.lbemuoil.com has a high quality product if you can not find it locally. It should be creamy white and have no noticeable odor or it has not been well processed.

For prostatis my husband used the herbs Saw Palmetto and Pygeum -- Pygeum has been tested against the drug of choice pharmaceutical for prostatis, the name escapes me at the moment, and performed equally well. Increasing zinc in the diet is also helpful. Pumpkin seed is high in zinc, particularly the European variety Curcubita curcubita. He used encapsulated zinc oil and ate more zinc containing foods.

Garnet

dbl...@cfl.rr.com wrote:
Do you think the DMSO would help CS to get to prostatitis, which is an infection of the prostate? CS alone does not do it.
Nancy...

I have read that DMSO is effective (as a transport for getting CS deeper into tissues) at as low as 2%. My experience seems to confirm it.
sol