> By clear braces I'm referring to the opague brackets which ortho
> distributors told me are 99% aluminum oxide.

Good, thanks for the clarification. The Invisalign system I am talking
about are polymer guards that are made from a mold of your jaws and
modified to apply slow pressure to your teeth. You graduate through a
series of them over a period of months. You wear them while you sleep.

http://www.invisalign.com

I can't guarantee the materials are harmless, of course, but the
dissimilar metals and carcinogenicity of conventional braces are a
known hazard I will *not* subject my daughter to.

Be well,

Mike D.