The recurring posts on energy generation and over-unity devices, mainly on the Off-topic list, prompted me to make this post. While conventional Diesel/electric generation systems do not offer any "break-through" technologies....they offer a most acceptable address for persons experiencing power outages------most especially for days or weeks at a time*********or possibly longer--- in cases of National or regional emergency. For those among the list membership who might be interested in some form of reliable back-up power system and are doubtful about the quality/dependability of possible......continuous use....... Generation Systems, I, recently came across some units of a type I KNOW to be rugged enough to address the challenges of high-power, continuous demand system loads. First a little story: Back in the 1970's I was the southern division running maintenance manager for AMTRAK. Our Diners, high-level sleepers and high-level chair cars were powered by! Detroit Diesel 2-71 Generator Sets (20KW constant output capacity). These self-contained units were used throughout the fleet, as they had been earlier....by Santa Fe, Burlington Northern, etc.
They suffered every kind of abuse imaginable....especially from poorly-performed maintenance......and they just kept going. We ran some of them over 60,000 total hours before even rendering a top-end over-haul. Some of these engines were in consists (system train units) that covered over 1,000,000 miles....between overhauls. Bottom line....these systems are TOUGH. Much moreso than systems presently being manufactured.
I do not know, personally, any of the people at the business where I located these 2-71- powered systems-----but I certainly do know this 2-71 based Diesel/Electric System. These units, because of their peculiar postive-displacement plunger-type injector pumps can even run off of warm PURE VEGETABLE or waste oil.
These people also offer a modified system (primarily a pre-injection heating system)
allowing the continual use of filtered waste cooking oil. Even the standard, rebuilt, engine will operate very nicely on biodiesel fuel.....without heating the fuel beforehand. None of the new, close-tolerance pumps can do this.
We are going to purchase one of these units as our standby power.....primarily because of its ruggedness, but additionally, because the cost of another...currently acceptable systems incorporating the equivalent capabilities.... have been priced to us starting at about $19,000----and most have what we consider inferior temperature tolerance and surge accomodation
characters.
Please do not receive this post as a shill for these people.....but I am fascinated that these systems are still in existence and available. They were designed to run "CONTINUOUSLY" and even if we ran them out of oil, the low oil-pressure shut-off stopped the engine before damage could occur. There are, in my opinion, very few electro-mechanical devices remaining in our commercial national inventory....of the capability---and true worth....as this, particular, system. It is not small and it is not light (over 2000 lbs).......but it is a splendid....long-proven, positive testimony to a time-past when this nation lead the world in quality for money. Just try to find an alternator with as much copper in it as these systems possess?
Please forgive my "gilding-the-lily" address for this system, but it is...really, an old friend.....and a true one, I might add.
The url for the company refurbishing these units is; Http://www.affordablepower.com

Sincerely, Brooks Bradley
p.s. These are my, personal, opinions...and in no way reflect any position of our Harborne Research Foundation.

Free Movies 100's of Free Feature Length Films - Meet Friends, Watch Movies & Win!
-- The Silver List is a moderated forum for discussing Colloidal Silver. Instructions for unsubscribing are posted at: http://silverlist.org To post, address your message to: silver-list@eskimo.com Address Off-Topic messages to: silver-off-topic-l...@eskimo.com The Silver List and Off Topic List archives are currently down... List maintainer: Mike Devour