I don't think histamine is actually in the seafood. Histamine is produced in the body/skin when a person is reacting to an allergen.

I've always been told there are two main types of "seafood" allergy, one is protein allergy, as in a person is actually allergic to the shrimp protein, or lobster protein or similar, and the second is iodine allergy. In the case of iodine allergy, one would be allergic to nearly all ocean produce whether animal, fish, or sea plants, sea salt, etc. People with iodine allergy may be able to eat oysters, as for some reason they have far less iodine than crustaceans and ocean fish and seaweeds. In fact oysters have less iodine than asparagus, by miles.

sol

bs clayton wrote:
How about if someone is allergic to seafood such as
lobster, shrimp etc, any thoughts on that?

Jacques

Well, yes, I was told as a child not to eat any
seafood, but I could eat seaweed, that was ok, it was
the only seafood I could eat.

It seems that crustaceans and shellfish actually have
histamine in them and can cause severe allergic
symptoms in many people.