I have tried using straight tap water and also filtering through a carbon
filter first.  My tap water doesn't taste bad.  I just bought this because I
wanted to drink distilled water and make cs but I don't like the way store
bought distilled water tastes.  It tasted like plastic.

  I also used the filter after the water is distilled to filter out the bad
plastic taste and it still tastes funny.  I can't drink water that tastes so
plasticky.  I bought two of these distillers!  They were on an after Christmas
sale from Comfort House.

  Any suggestions?
  Doris