There appear to be many ways to respond to this, and since I am just a
simple man (heh, heh) and not a scientist, I reply in my simple way...

Well, of course Ohm's law applies.  When you increase the voltage, you
get more current.  When you move the electrodes further apart, you have
more resistance, so you need more voltage to sustain the current.  I
suspect the problem you are considering is the Watts, or the "work" that
is being done, and if I say you don't have to consider the Voltage then
you think, well, what happened to the "work" (watts)?  The answer to
this is the question, "what is the work that is being done?"

It has been shown, apparently by experiment, that the amount of silver
released is proportional to the amount of current per unit time that is
going through the silver anode.  One atom of silver is released for each
electron passed (as far as I know, I am not a chemist...).  If you move
the electrodes close together you get your current with very little
applied voltage.  If you move the electrodes apart, you have to increase
the voltage to maintain the current.  So, Ohm's law applies, but what is
the work being done?  Most of the "work" is done to overcome the
resistance of the cell which can be variable due to the electrode
spacing (and other things).  If the electrodes are closer together you
have less work to do.  If they are far apart, you have to work harder.

The point of an equation of this sort is to simplify the process and
remove as many variables as possible.  You can change the applied
voltage to affect the "time" in the equation.  You could replace the
"current" variable with "volts/resistance" etc, but I don't think the
equation would be simpler and easier to deal with (and I think I am
starting to confuse myself... ;-))

Also, it might be helpful to think of the two cells in series as a
current controlled system (at any instant in time...).

Dan