I'm pretty sure it's a plasticky taste. It was worse the first couple of batches. I've tasted pure H2O at the Toronto Science Centre and it was dead tasting but really lacked any real taste. This has a definite unpleasant plastic taste. I've even tried adding some juice to it and the plastic taste comes through.

A dumb question...

Are you certa that there is no plastic film that may have been on any piece of our disiller (like the reservoir tank, or even the boiler) maybe as a 'protective coating', that you were supposed to remove before using it?

I ask this because I seem to vaguely recall one that did have something like this on it on one that I bouht a long time ago...