You talking about Round-up Ready soy?

There are commercials for that on Tv all the time here.

They have spliced pretty toxic chemicals into it to make it resistant to Roundup. A recent report from China I read somewhere said that the crops require as much pesticide as conventional crops within a few years, so the benefits don't last like the company says it should.

If you look into the expert (non-affiliated) opinions on it, the most probable effect is on allergic reactions- they would expect to see more allergic reactivity in response to consumption of genetically modified foods. I have not read much more than that from the official community.