A good read on this sort of thing, which goes with what and why, though
nothing to do with Cayce, just food, is the book on the "Fit for Life" diet.
I felt really good when I ate this way.
Rowena

Fruit in the mornings - cleansing and vitamins
Either meat OR  carbs eg bread, not both together
Meat and veg OK.
Bread and veg OK.

Fresh juice great, but processing/preserving fruit juice eg with heat
changes it in a negative way.

In studying with a group on the Edgar Cayce teachings a few years ago...we
read that he suggested that fruit  and also fruit juices be taken seperately
from any food.
Wait at least 1/2 hour after ingesting the fruit/juice before the meal.
He said that the body needs one type of Enzime to digest carbs  one kind to
digest Protein and yet another to digest fruits.

I hope I have this right...but this is the rule I have followed ever since
reading about it. V.