There is iodine in Betadine:
Betadine is iodine complexed with povidone (polyvinyl-pyrrolidone). The
compound is soluble in water forming a golden brown solution. Like iodine, the
solution of the iodine complex is bactericidal, fungicidal, virucidal and
trichomonacidal.
It is really strange that topically it bothers you and internally it doesn't.
Perhaps you're allergic to the other ingredient in the Betadine? and not the
iodine?  Are you allergic to Shellfish?
Doris

Sounds as though there is Iodine in the Betadine?
Funny, I am allergic to Betadine but have no problems with Iodine.
Now I am thinking its all in my head...puzzled.  V

See what's free at AOL.com.