Marshalee said,
> How about calcium orotate?? I`m taking a preparation
of it with magnesium orotate, and it is helping me a
lot. My bone spurs in the toes are even disappearing!
<

Calcium orotate is a very good, alkaline calcium. I
haven’t been able to find it much, and it was very
expensive when I did. As an example, ordering it in
bulk from a pharmaceutical supply, 100 grams of
calcium citrate costs $6.25; 100 grams of calcium
orotate costs $66! Where are you getting it, and how
much is it? If you are acidic, it is just the thing.

Dee said,
> Could this be any yoghurt i.e. Commercial,
supermarket fruit types or just plain, or would you
have to make it yourself? <

Any yogurt has calcium lactate in it (generated by the
fermentation process that creates yogurt), but
commercial yogurt is not nearly as good for you. If
you must eat commercial yogurt, make it plain, adding
your own flavoring (reduces the 50% sugar). Mashed
fruit and/or Stevia would be good. Calcium lactate is
a very strong, high-energy calcium (especially in
supplement form), and can change your pH fairly
quickly. If you were eating, say, a quart per day of
yogurt (as an example of a large amount), it would be
wise to keep an eye on your pH, to see if it was
dropping quickly.

Connie said,
> Could you advise how or where one could find out
their pH? <

Call the HF stores around you and tell them you need
pH paper that measures in .2 increments. The brand I
use here in Canada is made by a company called Greens
Plus. I do not know if they sell in the US. If you
cannot find it anywhere, I can sell it to you for $20,
but it will be cheaper if you can find it at a HF
store. I also have an instruction page I can email you
explaining how to conduct the testing, with places to
write down the daily numbers. If you do the 6-day
testing and send the numbers to me, I will tell you
what they mean.

Along this line of discussion, although your body uses
more calcium in volume each day than all other
nutrients put together, and giving your body the
calcium it needs can bring about significant
improvements in your health, the essential need for
the trace minerals is paramount. We have all heard how
the body uses magnesium with calcium, but, in reality,
it uses the trace minerals much, much more. If you
have any symptoms of calcium deficiency (although it
is almost a given with most people), you need to add a
multi-mineral supplement to your life. It should be
liquid (to optimize assimilation) and it should have
as many minerals as possible (70-80+ minimum). That is
why I like Concentrace, which has 100+ minerals, is
liquid and is not sold multi-level (which makes it
reasonably priced).

The relationship in our bodies between calcium and the
rest of the minerals is like this:

Picture the human body as if it were a brick wall.
This wall is made up of bricks, plus the mortar that
holds them together. In the case of the body, the
bricks represent calciums, and the mortar is all the
rest of the minerals that the body uses for life and
health. Obviously, without bricks there would be no
wall, but equally obvious is that without the mortar,
the bricks would not hold together.

Terry Chamberlin