Bob wrote

Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2011 12:44:37 +0000 (UTC)
From: Bob Supnik <bsup...@comcast.net>
To: simh@trailing-edge.com
Subject: Re: [Simh] VMS 4.6 won't boot from a Massbus disk

What would be most useful would be a VMS 4.X source set, but up until now, no one in the community has found one. So here are some questions and ideas for debugging this problem.

I have a VAX/VMS V4.4 source fiche set that I have been hanging on to for years (DEC P/N AH-HP48A-SE). Is this useful? If so, please call me or reply with instructions. I am very close to the Computer History Museum, if that is a good way point.

We also have about a dozen paper tapes of what look to be RM02/RM03 diagnostics. I assume these came with our PDP-11/70 in 1978, which had an RM03 system disk. I don't know if they can be read these days. If they are useful, someone should let me know as well.

Larry Baker
US Geological Survey
650-329-5608
ba...@usgs.gov