Il 19/09/2011 22:24, Al Kossow ha scritto:
On 9/19/11 1:16 PM, Bob Supnik wrote:
I got an inquiry about whether there's a SimH-based ARM simulator.

What does that even mean?
SIMH is a system simulator.
ARM is a microprocessor with over 10 generations behind it.
Do they want to simulate an Acorn Archemedies? Newton?

There is ARM processor support in MAME and MESS, maybe they
should look over there.

uhm.... Aside that IMHO SIMH is an emulator and not a simulator (with the potential of becoming the equivalent of MAME/MESS for the early systems, from 1940s onwards) the MAME/MESS system is too different to the SIMH for allowing a straight stealing^W borrowing of code from SIMH

OTOH, because seems to me that aside gaming, the large majority of ARM system are in embedded, control or industrial systems, I can't exclude that someone has built a SIMH-based ARM emulator for development..

Best regards from Italy,
dott. Piergiorgio.