On 2012-06-29 19:58, Richard wrote:

In article <4fedec05.8050...@bitsavers.org>,
     Al Kossow <a...@bitsavers.org> writes:

On 6/29/12 10:48 AM, Richard wrote:

In article<303a17bd5f8fa34da45eec245271ac0b251ba...@jgex2k10mbx2.wmata.loca
l>,
      "Shoppa, Tim"<tsho...@wmata.com>  writes:

In terms of sweet and small, you want Alan Baldwin's TCP/IP for RT-11
implementation. http://shop-pdp.kent.edu/

Wait... 512K of system memory required?  Doesn't sound very small to
me for a PDP-11!

A complete TCP stack is a memory hog.
The ones running on 64k address space micros have almost no buffering.

That's what I figured; I could live with chit-chat over a serial line
for the purposes of this crazy experiment.

The idea is that TECO is used to process a file that contains HTTP
request header and HTTP request body and edits it in-place to replace
it with HTTP response header and HTTP response body.

The communications part isn't the interesting part of this
experiement.  The interesting part is the TECO hack.

So, setup (or log into) any PDP-11 with TECO. Write your TECO macro that reads and verifies the HTTP request, and makes a response. Done.

        Johnny