On Thu, 10 Jul 2014, Henry Bent wrote:

Well, that at least did something different.

sim> boot rq0 /r5:8
%BOOT-F-Unexpected Exceptio

The 8600 simulator always seems to cut off the last character of its
messages, I wonder if that's in any way related to the other console
problems.

780, 750, and 730 have the same issue...along with not actually booting from the console RL, floppy, et al.

I tried the standalone boot on the other VAX sims (microvax 1, 2, 3900, and
rtvax1000) and they are all able to load the booter and take console input
(I didn't actually try booting).  This seems to point to there being a
problem with the console on the 8600.  Any tips for where I should look to
narrow down where the problem might be?

-Henry

--
Cory Smelosky