Am 23.10.2014 um 21:57 schrieb dott.Piergiorgio d' Errico:
Il 23/10/2014 16:13, Jörg Hoppe ha scritto:
It seems your 64bit Ubuntu has no support for 32 bit applications
anymore.

Must they ruin everything?

Try this to run the 32bit SimH and the 32bit java:

$ sudo dpkg --add-architecture i386
$ sudo apt-get update
$ sudo apt-get install libc6:i386 libncurses5:i386 libstdc++6:i386
$ sudo apt-get install libpcap0.8:i386
$ sudo apt-get install libXext6:i386 libXtst6:i386 libXi6:i386

$  sudo ./start.sh

I think that this can surely work, but the true main point (apology for
the rather subtle initial nudge on it) is another: I don't know (and I'm
not interested on this) what reasons led you to release as
closed-source, but if you don't have access to a 64-bit Linux box, I
recommend to finding someone who has said access and can build for you a
64-bit binary; the debugging of a 36-bit machine emulator on 32 bit and
64 bit hosts is best to be done in parallel, IMVHO. And this of course
needs bug reporting from both word sizes.
I totally agree. The explanation to all those shortcomings is: personal workload.

Joerg