----- Original Message ----- From: <li...@openmailbox.org>
To: <Simh@trailing-edge.com>
Sent: Tuesday, March 03, 2015 1:03 PM
Subject: Re: [Simh] Is Alpha AXP in SIMH's future?

On Tue, 3 Mar 2015 09:31:58 -0800
Mark Pizzolato - Info Comm <m...@infocomm.com> wrote:

On Tuesday, March 3, 2015 at 9:26 AM, li...@openmailbox.org wrote:
> Is an Alpha machine capable of running OpenVMS in SIMH's future? I know
> there are several Alpha emulators for Linux and Windows but I really
> like SIMH since it runs on pretty much any UNIX-like OS and doesn't
> depend on having a 64-bit Linux installed.

Well, Bob implemented the guts of an Alpha simulator and that code is in
the current github repository.

Bob classified this simulator in the 'beta' category, with beta, in this
case, meaning 'a simulator which hasn't been finished'.

If someone has the ability and interest to get this simulator fully
working, I'll be here to support those activities.

I wish I could help but sadly I can't since C and I don't get along. Thanks
for the update.

C's been rough to me too. But I keep trying. It and 16 bit assembly I will eventually master :)

Bill