On Sun, 3 May 2015, Timothe Litt wrote:

Ah. Non-DEC hardware all around.

Yup.

Probably because the SC hardware and TOPS-10 patches added support for
it.  It does pack data more densely.
(2 words in 9 frames rather than 1 word in 5.)

Mmm, yeah.

On a modified OS on non-DEC hardware?  No.

Confirmed, no docs for SETFOR.

Pre-release on github, just for you.  I just posted an announcement.

Seems to work.

I don't accept mail bombs.  If you e-mail something that large, it will
be rejected by my mailer.

I was going to email a private link. ;)

You can test the conversion, or just do a backup of a small file (say,
10 blocks).  That's all that's required to know if it works.

It seems to work with a full tape.

If necessary, I can provide a dropbox on my server, but I don't think
it's necessary.   The math says it's probably high-density.

It's possible that SC implemented a DIFFERENT high-density mode; in that
case if you can scare up documentation on what they did, it's pretty
easy to add a mode to tape36 (the converter.)

Nops, looks like it's the same high-density mode.

--
Cory Smelosky
http://gewt.net Personal stuff