On 2015-06-08 14:09, Pontus Pihlgren wrote:
On Mon, Jun 08, 2015 at 12:57:21PM +0100, David Brownlee wrote:

GPLv2 states:

2b) You must cause any work that you distribute or publish, that in
     whole or in part contains or is derived from the Program or any
     part thereof, to be licensed as a whole at no charge to all third
     parties under the terms of this License.

That seems to me that if I "A" distribute or publish anything which
includes any GPL code, to anyone "B", then I have to make the entire
product available to any third party "C".

I Am No A Lawyer as they say. But I interpret this legalese as an
obligation to license your modifications or additions under GPL to
anyone you choose to distribute it to. Not necessarily that you _have_
to distribute it to anyone. That would be somewhat draconian.

Uh... You cannot choose who to distribute it to. That is the whole point of GPL, and is what puts it apart from just any company copyright control. If you make it available to anyway, who have to make it available to everyone.

Yes, it is draconian. It is intentional.

        Johnny