On 2016-02-15 16:15, Paul Koning wrote:

On Feb 15, 2016, at 9:01 AM, Wilm Boerhout <wboerh...@gmail.com> wrote:

Will Senn schreef op 15-2-2016 om 14:26

[snip]

Are you documenting the setup process for your endeavors, or just blogging
about the result? I think it would be interesting to see how you clustered
those Pi Vaxen as much as to know it was possible. I've got a few Pi around
looking for something to cluster around...
There are three parts to a successful setup:

1. Since each Pi has only one Ethernet interface, make sure you use a
   wired connection (wireless isn't real Ethernet)

Well, Wireless is 802.11 which indeed isn't 802.3 / Ethernet.  But that's not
really relevant.  The question is whether it uses Ethernet addressing and
offers an Ethernet-compatible MAC layer API, and 802.11 certainly does.  You
can run SimH Ethernet just fine over a wireless LAN.  I've run PDP11 SimH that
way with no problems.

Actually, I have run into problems. The broadcast domain, as well as the Unicast have slight differences to Ethernet, which makes it sometimes fail in subtle ways. Having a second mac address on a WiFi interface, one that is used by simh, though tun/tap, does not work that well with WiFi. Unfortunately.

I've definitely had problems keeping it working under OS X at least. And I'm pretty sure I've read of others having the same problem.

        Johnny