On 2016-03-09 18:04, Clem Cole wrote:

On Wed, Mar 9, 2016 at 11:16 AM, Johnny Billquist <b...@softjar.se
<mailto:b...@softjar.se>> wrote:

    I suspect MSCP came before SCSI.

I agree.   In DEC's case, support for MSCP certainly was first, but I
believe the protocols are contemporaries. NCR was a very early SCSI
player, but Western Digital, Shugart or someone like that might have
driven it originally (I've forgotten - I have some early SCSI docs at
home, I think).  I forget when I first saw it.

Whoa, Clem! Careful with those quotes, please...
The full text was: "That is also the case with MSCP... Not sure if it predated SCSI, but for Unix systems, I suspect MSCP came before SCSI. "

In short - I said I don't know which of MSCP and SCSI was first, but I believe that for *Unix* systems, MSCP was seen first, based on the fact that Unix was running on DEC systems, which had MSCP before SCSI.

        Johnny