kermit is going to be just as much problems in the end as well. The advantage of tcp/ip is that you should already have the software available, since it's on the VMS distribution CD, from which I assumed you installed VMS itself.

But, all this said, you seem to be amazingly skilled at not understanding documentation and peoples attempts to help, and very skilled at doing things wrong no matter what people say, so I fear that no matter what you do, it's going to fail.

        Johnny

On 2016-03-25 20:45, Bill Cunningham wrote:
I don't want to get involved with FTP. That's setting up tcpip in VMS
and lately I've been having terrible problems with that. I have set that
aside. For now anyway. IDK about the old VMSs but openvms is new to me
and I don't want to go too far too much. Thank's for the idea. My linux
does have kermit. Is there a way to do this without involving tcp/ip
protocols?