> On Jun 4, 2016, at 8:11 PM, Johnny Billquist <b...@softjar.se> wrote:

> It depends. teledisk, as well as ImageDisk, is a tool you run on a PC.
> Assuming that PC have a 1.2M 5.25" floppy, this tool can then try to write
> RX50 format floppies on that hardware, based on information stored in the
> image file.
> That is, the image file format of these tools are a generic format and tool
> to recreate various different 5.25" floppies.
> As you probably know, a DEC RX50 is rather different in the low level format
> to anything you'd find on a PC.
>
> So recreating an RX50 on this hardware is a bit tricky, and chancy. The
> controller needs reprogramming, and you need to find some suitable media, and
> it's still not going to be perfect.

I've written RX50 floppies on a Linux PC, after setting the format to the
correct setting (10 sectors per track is the main change).  That was using
stock real RX50 floppy media; I wouldn't want to try low level formatting
floppies that way.  The interleaving was handled in software (using my FLX
utility for manipulating RSTS file systems).

        paul