Paul Koning schreef op 9-3-2017 om 23:59:
On Mar 9, 2017, at 12:15 PM, Mark Pizzolato <m...@infocomm.com> wrote:

On Wednesday, March 8, 2017 at 11:50 PM, Johnny Billquist wrote:
When Matt Burke initially was working on this, I believe that we talked briefly
about extending sim_ether to support packet delivery across IP multicast.
With that model, all of the systems connected to a particular star coupler
would use the same multi-cast group.  I think that DEC may have done
something very similar to this when they implemented LAVC.  Several
independent Local Area VAX Clusters can certainly coexist on the same
LAN without interference.
No, LAVC is an Ethernet based protocol (it sits directly on top of Ethernet).
No routing layer, IP or otherwise.

You could tunnel it over Johnny's bridge protocol, of course.

        paul

You could have a look at my VAX on Raspberry Pi / SIMH story at https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/mixed-architecture-openvms-cluster-wilm-boerhout

The LAVC cluster is still running today, and will survive individual systems missing (even the one voting member) when I upgrade Raspbian OS and/or SIMH itself.

/Wilm