On 2017-04-11 00:30, Richard wrote:
In article <000001d2b0a7$e742afe0$b5c80fa0$@verizon.net>,
    "Tim Stark" <fswo...@verizon.net> writes:

I have a great idea about DECserver emulator.  Does anyone plan to emulate
one of DECserver series?

I discovered DS 200, 300 and 500 ROM images that I already downloaded some
time ago.  DS 200 uses 68000 processor and DS 500 uses KDJ11-SD processor.

Oh, now I see, so ignore my previous email asking what you meant by
DS200/300/500.  I didn't realize you were writing DS to mean DECserver.

I know with X terminals you need more than what's in the ROMs to get a
functioning unit because they boot over the network.  Hopefully the
terminal servers aren't that complicated.  Maybe they just load a
config off the network, if anything at all.

All the ROM contains is enough code to boot using MOP on the ethernet. All the actual implementation of the DECserver itself is in the downloaded image. The DS200 image, for example is close to 200 Kbytes.

        Johnny

email: b...@softjar.se             ||  Reading murder books