My SIMH VAX is behind a reliable IDS/IPS, so I wrote a stupid program to do a "RUN SYS$SYSTEM:OPCCRASH" when a TCP connection is made to a specific port. It's at QCOCAL::REMOTE-SHUTDOWN-LISTENER.ZIP if you are on HECnet. An obvious minimum improvement would be to support some sort of port-knocking.

Best,
Supratim