I can't think of any way to support this behavior right now. Lenses don't have a lot of tunability in how they render. If you want to write some javascript, you could possible write your own code to sort the spans *after* the item has been rendered (there is an event triggered when an item is shown; you could bind to that event and manipulate the dom fragment). you could use the ex:...-content trick to create an attribute containing your desired sort tag in each span, but you'd have to do the sort yourself.