I've a couple of questions:

1) I'm trying to define a write action and would like to specify a ~ (tilde)
like

    action= write ~user/some.log %s

but SEC (perl) is not liking it. I tried using glob() around it like

    action= write glob(~user/some.log) %s

but still no good. I don't want to specify the full path to the user's home dir
(which works) since it changes based on what box SEC is run on. I'm wondering
how people have overcome this issue.

2) The box I'm on has multiple environments and would like to have a generic
rules file which I can use for all environments. Is there a way to pass a
variable on cmd line to SEC (or any other way)? I would like to pass in the
environment name like foo=test1 or test2 to sec and would like to use that
value in the rules file to determine which environment I'm working in.

Thank you for any pointers you can provide.

Tejas