I was wondering if anyone else ran into this problem.
We're using the Simple Event Correlator to monitor many files on NFS mounted
local disk and on network drives.  The logs files are generated by black box
software that seems to be maintaining a rolling log by shifting the log
backwards within itself.  For example a log containing this:

A12345
B12345
C12345
R12345
S12345

May look like this after they "append" to the log
345
C12345
D12345
S12345
T12345
U12345

When SEC notices the input file was shuffled, it rereads the file from the top,
but rather then the first line being examined as "345" it's seeing T12345345.
I was looking through the SEC perl and I think what's happening is that the
input buffer is not being reset when SEC notices the input file has shuffled.
I can get this to repeat rather easily and consistently when monitoring a large
number of logs, but I can get it to happen even when only monitoring one file.
Are there any configuration options I could try?  I've looked at this a bit and
other then actually modifying the perl to clear that buffer.
I'm using SEC 2.4.0.
Thanks,
Franco